Sponsor Directory

NW River Runners Meeting

Discussion about Jetboats, rivers and related topics.

NW River Runners Meeting

Postby TEAM HCM » Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Wednesday @ 7:00pm there will be a Northwest River Runners Meeting @ the Hells Canyon Boat Club in Clarkston.
Let's come together to rejuvinate the NWRR's boat club! This club was founded in 1978 and over the years has shown much active involvement in the political process of protecting our rivers as well as providing a positive club out of the Lewiston - Clarkston Valley for pleasure & commercial boaters. We are trying to bring to life the great opportunity to come together for boating enthusiast's. We want to get a strong group together to work on water issues such as: Maintaining & enchancing the quality of the waters in which we operate; Preserve our freedom to use the waters in the Pacific NW; Foster good communication with all users (floaters & power boaters); Emphasizing the use of safe water practices for all users; Maintaining the beauty of the rivers we use by leaving campgrounds and campsites clean; Giving / Teaching appropriate aid to any boater or water user when in danger and respecting their right to use the waterways. Also with political issues we face at keeping our water ways open to all boaters we would like to have a strong group to assist in the voice of the recreational water users (boaters / floaters, etc.).
Please show up to the meeting - We need your support! We hope to see you there!
Wednesday May 26th we hope to discuss:
* Future growth of the NWRR's club
* River Runs & events for 2010
* Update on the Wild & Scenic Proposed Act on the Lower Salmon
* Possibility of a 2011 Snake River Jet Boat Race
* Any other items brought to attention

If you have any questions please call Ryan Rogers @ 208-305-9530
TEAM HCM
Deck Swab

Re: NW River Runners Meeting

Postby Ahusk » Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Good for you guys for getting active again, you definitely have the right goals in mind. The more organizations looking out for our interest the better.
Ahusk
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Goingbroke » Tue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm

I will be there sounds like a good deal for the vally area boater. Broke
http://www.WHITEWATEREXTREME.com
2007 28' HCM
2010 20' HCM
Goingbroke
Captain

Postby callingalltheshots » Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 pm

I be there...as well
2006 HCM Granite HD 1350.7 hours.
callingalltheshots
Master Baiter

Postby FalcSprnt » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 pm

wheres the meeting going to be at?
98 customweld storm
FalcSprnt
Boat Enthusiast

Postby dustin » Tue May 25, 2010 5:44 pm

honestly id make the drive but i have prior commitments tomorrow. i know there have been a few people more than irritated that people are camping up the canyon and burying their "stuff". anything from A to Z.
keep the board updated on events that come about due to this meeting.
if anyone needs pictures hosted on meanchicken email them to me and ill post them up for you. you just make the thread and ill post your pictures: hondaatwsu@msn.com

flatlanderracing.com
modernspeed.com
haxbyspeed.com
scatcrankshafts.com
summitracing.com
airflowresearch.com
dustin
Captain

Postby callingalltheshots » Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 pm

FalcSprnt wrote:wheres the meeting going to be at?

Hells Canyon boat club right off state 129 going to asotin on pound lane real close to us ... we can walk from walk lane Andrew you can can lead me and I will follow you this time :lol:
2006 HCM Granite HD 1350.7 hours.
callingalltheshots
Master Baiter

Postby Riverscum » Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 am

I would love to make it but Im leaving on a 12 day trip up the canyon this morning. Keep us posted and give us as much notice as possible as to when the next meeting is. Maybe someone can stop by Hot Tub Point fill us in on the details.

See ya on the Riv,erscum :mrgreen:
Riverscum
Deck Swab

Postby LILFISHER » Wed May 26, 2010 11:49 am

I would love to come but work swing. Can ya give us a little more notice for the next meeting. I could go if I had a little more notice. Keep us up to date. LIL
Live today as if tomorrow will never come!
LILFISHER
Boat Enthusiast

Postby FalcSprnt » Wed May 26, 2010 12:23 pm

callingalltheshots wrote:
FalcSprnt wrote:wheres the meeting going to be at?

Hells Canyon boat club right off state 129 going to asotin on pound lane real close to us ... we can walk from walk lane Andrew you can can lead me and I will follow you this time :lol:

lol, sounds like a plan :D
98 customweld storm
FalcSprnt
Boat Enthusiast

Postby jetboatman » Wed May 26, 2010 12:35 pm

It needn't seem like a new career demand, to get involved , whether it be local or long distance support. A "little" help and support, from everyone will go a long way. And you get to be involved with some good people, who are also good Jetboaters. The name of the Assn. is not important, get involved with one or more.
jetboatman
First Mate

Postby FalcSprnt » Wed May 26, 2010 10:55 pm

i just wanted to say it was great to see everyone tonight at the meeting and im glad i got the chance to sign up for a great organization and meet new people and see some friends i havent talked to for a lil while... im realy looking forward for some good times out on the river with some great people!... Andrew Funke
98 customweld storm
FalcSprnt
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Goingbroke » Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 am

They should have a web site up and running soon so if any one wants to join the club and get in on the fun check it out. This club is not trying to steel any ones thunder by any means it has been around for a long time just needs a jump start to get back on track. It needs members to have a voice to keep our rivers open. Broke.
2007 28' HCM
2010 20' HCM
Goingbroke
Captain

Postby rockchuckar » Thu May 27, 2010 6:05 am

Good to see you guys are getting things going once again in Lewiston. I think that the more clubs there are the better it is for the whole jetboating community.
rockchuckar
Forum Sponsor

Postby swampswimmingshrek » Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 am

Hey how was the meeting guys? Any info or anything you can share?
swampswimmingshrek
Captain

Postby Goingbroke » Thu May 27, 2010 5:58 pm

The meeting was very good, up until last night they were down to 7 members, and like a lot of the folks there I would completely agree that the Lewiston area with so many jet boat builders and the vast amount of rivers right in the vicinity make it the "jet boat capitol" of the world and at this point is by far the weakest organization around, it is irritating to think that anyone would suggest that there could be too many organizations that want to fight for the same thing...the way to look at this is the more that join separate or together is a benefit to all. I believe the next meeting is on June Th, not sure of the location yet or the time but once we know I'm sure it will get posted. In time, after the website is up and running, I would like to suggest to them meetings that are available through sky scape or something similar...might be a good alternative for those that want to join but know they will not be able to attend.
Broke
2007 28' HCM
2010 20' HCM
Goingbroke
Captain

Return to River Jet Boating Board