Sponsor Directory

Custom Built 20 ft Jet Boat for sale (SOLD)

Have a boat for sale? Place your ad here. Please, boats only in this section, and read the rules before posting.

Custom Built 20 ft Jet Boat for sale (SOLD)

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13 pm

I am selling my 20 ft jet boat, the hull is a 1997 Heliarc by Ernie Duckworth. In 2010 I completeley renovated the boat and built the boat that I always wanted. Like all of you jet boaters out there it seems only logical to finish this boat and order a bigger one, and thats what I have done, dont even ask the reasoning behind the decision because I have none.
I am taking delivery of my new Precision Weld in September so I am in no rush to sell this boat, but would sell it today if you want it today.
New upgrades in 2010.
. New American Turbine SD312 Jet Pump. Paid $7,800 installed
. New hydraulic controls for reverse bucket with the controls mounted in the stick. paid $1,500.00
. All new wiring, dash and custom switch panel that is L.E.D. back lighted. Each switch is also a resetable circuit breaker.
. New Terrova 24 volt trolling motor with wirelsss remote control all GPS driven. (85 lb thrust) paid $1,400.00
. New Yamaha 9.9 high thrust kicker motor with hydraulic tilt and electric start. paid $3,000.00
. New Garmin TRI Gold autopilot. Paid $2,900.00 installed
. New Jabsco Remote controlled search light. Paid $800.00
. New Lowrance VHF marine radio. Paid $200.00
. New Panoramic Wipers.
. New carpeting and interior including insulated roof. paid $5,000.00
. New hard top, sliding side windows and new front glass. The front door is large enough so a 6 ft person can walk through.
. Two New Lowrance HDS 7 sonar system with chart plotter. This system is networked, one head unit mounts on dash and the other sticks up through the roof so it can be seen while trolling. I also installed a external satellite antenna. This also has the new struycture scan transducer and is amazing.. paid $2,500.00
. New Fish Hawk under water temperature probe that give you speed and temp at your downrigger ball - this information is sent to monitor on the dash. Paid $629.00
. Custom cooking rack with a fold down table and overhead spice rack.
. Custom Roof mounted rod racks that move forward and reward with 4 different storage positions. This is great for keeping rods out of the way.
. On board fire supression sytem. Paid $500.00
. New fuel lines, belts and hoses, all marine grade.
. 3 new group 31 batteries and onboard charging system.
. New Yetty coolers. Paid $280 each
. New Cannon Down riggers. Paid $300.00 each
. Custom built tackle boxes with built-in sinks located in the transom. $ 250.00 each
. Custom tackle storage built on top of the cross-over fuel tank.
. New built-in bow hatch with battery storage underneath.
. New PPG Paint with custom graphics under the clear coat. The gunnels and bow were done in spray on bedliner with silica sand in it to offer great traction when walking around the boat.
Engine is a Fuel Injected Kodiak 454 with 430 hours slowly going up as I keep using the boat.
The downriggers and trolling motor quick disconnect to get them out of the way for running white water.
I am a person who has an eye for detail. I built this boat in my shop taking me over a year to do, nothing was overlooked and no shortcuts have been taken.
In the last 18 months I have put over $28,000.00 in hard money in parts not counting my labor.
I have reduced the price to $33,000.00 as equipped or $25,000.00 minus the trolling motors, fish hawk, TR1, Coolers, Lowrnace and downriggers.
There are also some additional photos on our comapny website http://www.wreckerbuilder.com under used trucks.
You can call me at 208-599-1501 I live in Mountain Home Idaho

Chuck

Last edited by Fish Fighter on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Re: Custom Built 20 ft Jet Boat for sale

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Here are some photos of the cooking table I built. one photos shows the table folded up for travel an the other with it laying down for cooking. If you look close you can see a spring loaded plate holding the paper towels so they dont spool out while running down the river.

Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Here are some closeups showing the rod rack I built. You just flip the camlock and the roack folds forward or rearward. I am kinda proud of this design. I am even thinking of offering them for sale if you think anyone would buy them let me know.

Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Here is a picture of my shelf on the Starboard side. I wanted lots of room for storage.

This photo shows the built in tackle lockers. The box at the top is a sink that drains out through the side of the boat. It is a great place to keep worms and cut bait.

Last edited by Fish Fighter on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm

These pics show the trolling motor and the removable mount. Also not the anti skid bedliner sprayed on the deck, the hatch cover, large handle on the door and seat mount for the removable fishing chair. I also built large cleats on the bow so you can easliy tie of and retriev anchors, I use the ball retrievel system aka Columbia River system.

Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Here is a phot showing the built in tackle storage built ontop of the cross over fuel tank. I really like the usefulness of these.

Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Here is my self portrait painted under the clear coat.

Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Here is the last photo. Even if you arent interested in the boat I thought you may enjoy seeing some of the mods I did. I bumped into SpuD on the water yesterday and he encouraged me to get these up here.

You have to look close but I made a steel bar that hooks onto the winch strap about 18" long. By making this extension I do not have to reach way under the bow to kook the eye of the strap into the bow eye. This thing will be on my next boat as well.

Last edited by Fish Fighter on Fri May 13, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Thunderjet » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Stunning, and a great price to boot. If I were in the market for a smaller boat it would be my first choice. Attention to detail and quality sell's itsself.
We will strip mine earth then get the other planets later. Afterall if it can not be grown it has to be mined.
Thunderjet
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Spud » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:39 pm

This boat even looks better in person! He has rebuilt this entire boat from the hull up; all his adds are well thought out and exceptionally well made. Anyone in the market for a really well equipped 20 should take a look.
22' TJ Hardtop;Center stick snub nose;8.1HO;H212;T8
Spud
First Mate

Postby m1ashooter » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:57 am

very nice, I really like all the tackle storage, and the height of the roof, at 6'6" I could stand straight up...
Jetboats, helping guys like me meet chicks since, well you get the point..
m1ashooter
EL Conquistador

Postby ready2go » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:53 am

I saw this boat at the WWA club run. Its a very nice boat.
ready2go
Buoy Boy

Postby HOLA ALOHA » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 am

Nice boat and good attention to detail, But the stick is on the wrong side! :Laugh1: :Laugh1:
19' Thunder Jet "ALOHA" Fun on the water, Be "SAFE"
HOLA ALOHA
Master Baiter

Postby Fish Fighter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I am wondering if I priced this boat to high? I have had it on this site for a couple weeks and on Craigslist and no offers. Should I strip everything out of the boat and get the price low as possible? I hate to start pulling trolling motors off as this boat is set up for the serious fisherman, mayube I should hold tight?
Hola Aloha, The sticks on the right side, its all how you wanna look at it.
Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Spud » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 pm

One issue may be what a bank would loan on it. In their eyes it's a 97 heliarc regardless of the upgrades you've done. Unfortunately you never get decent value for all the options, electronics, etc you add on. If you are in a hurry to sell you might consider taking off items you can transfer to your new Precisionweld such as the trolling motor, TR-1, etc then price accordingly. You might also put it on Craigslist and outdoor forums in Alaska. Every time I look at it I think what a great Alaska boat it would make. I think you have a damn nice boat, well worth what you're asking. The market has been on life support but is starting to show more activity. Besides, you can't get your new boat till fall.......you really want to be a bank Maggot til then? :Noteeth:
22' TJ Hardtop;Center stick snub nose;8.1HO;H212;T8
Spud
First Mate

Postby JayHelfrich » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Fish Fighter wrote:I am wondering if I priced this boat to high? I have had it on this site for a couple weeks and on Craigslist and no offers. Should I strip everything out of the boat and get the price low as possible? I hate to start pulling trolling motors off as this boat is set up for the serious fisherman, mayube I should hold tight?
Hola Aloha, The sticks on the right side, its all how you wanna look at it.

I really don't think your boat is priced wrong for what you get with it. I have been out of work for the last two years and went back to school so I am about as broke as it comes. I just accepted a position with a company yesterday that will pay me very handsomely but it would still take me 6 months to be able to pay you cash for it as is, and as it is would be the only way I would want it. You are correct, you set this up for a real fisherman. Unfortunately us real fisherman are usually broke from buying new fishing gear!

I will continue to watch this ad and see if you sell it. If it does not sell by the time I have a little more money I will be in contact with you.

Jay
Take a kid into the outdoors now and they will return the favor later.

Kids that hunt, fish, trap, and spend time in the outdoors don't rob anyones grandma.
JayHelfrich
Deck Swab

Postby Thunderjet » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Short answer is, if it didnt sell it is priced to high in todays market. I'll give you an example, just picked up a 2006 25 foot Thunderjet Maxim loaded, kicker, TR 1, swivel suspension seats, 496 HO, dual gps/fishfinders, electric downriggers, stereo, hard top, dual remote controlled golights on the roof, canvas from the bow to the stern including full mooring cover, etc.
140 hours on it for $49K.
Dealer had it for sale at $55K for about 6 weeks before I purchased it. Outside paint has dock rash but otherwise it looks like new.

Have a friend who has been looking for a clean fairly new 20-22 footer and almost every ad he asked about the boat is still for sale. People are really pinching pennies when it comes to toys that eat a lot of gas these days.
We will strip mine earth then get the other planets later. Afterall if it can not be grown it has to be mined.
Thunderjet
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks for all the input,
I am going to get a little more agressive in marketing this boat. I have been a little reluctatnt to even put a for sale sign in the window for fear it would sell and I would get stuck on the bank. Just got word my new boat may get built by August so I need to up the selling campaign.
Any other good places to post it?
Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Postby Thunderjet » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Craigslist is "THE" place to sell anything anymore. List it in several large cities within a reasonable driving distance to where you live.
Thunderjet
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Fish Fighter » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Goin sturgeon fishin sunday and will post her when i return. Thanks for advice
Fish Fighter
Beer Boy

Next

Return to Jet Boats For Sale