Sponsor Directory

Snake River Closure

Snake River Closure

Postby Barch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 am

Okay I have an update for you. I just received word from Sandra Mitchel who is the Executive Director for the Idaho Recreation Council. She requested in writing all the information regarding the proposed closure on the Snake River. She got a phone call yesterday from Wyoming Game and Fish and was told that all proposals have been pulled and shelved for the time being. They said they would look at it again in 4 or 5 years. We did not get anything in writing but we feel that this proposal is dead for now. We appreciate your help in keeping an eye and ear open for these kinds of things so we can get the opportunity to respond and stand up for jet boating interests around the west. Keep up the good work and happy boating to all of you! :-D

Craig Bartschi
IJBA President
22' Custom Weld WWS "Last Red Cent" 8.1 HO, Hamilton 212 4.0, hydraulic reverse
Barch
El Commandante

Re: Snake River Closure

Postby dam man » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:12 am

Appreciate the update Craig. Nice work!
dam man
Boat Enthusiast

Postby RollerRider » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks Craig, Jeff S., IJBA and Blue Ribbon Coalition
You guys picked up on this right away, made the calls and got involved. This is the kind of commitment we jet boaters need and when we band together with some true leadership can come to expect. Ripplerobber2 out of Pinedale made a chance phone call to the G&F in Jackson and in conversation learned of their plan to revise the regulations. He posted up on the forum and sent emails to the two jet boat organizations. Guess who responded and who did not.
I talked to Rob with the G&F, who was the one writing the proposal, and after a productive conversation got the verbal commitment from him that they would leave the power boat regulations as is. The IJBA and Blue Ribbon Coalition followed up and I am confident will continue to follow up. Now these are the people that I feel have our back. The other older organization???
These are the facts as I know them. Just felt this was worthy of note for anyone considering joining a jet boat association but have questions as to which one will make the best use of your dues and are truly commited to protecting all of our boating rights.

FLAME ON :flame:
2008 24' HCM Diesel
2007 20' HCM (wifes sport car)
RollerRider
First Mate

Postby riverdad » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 pm

You Wyoming boys always say it like it really is. The IJBA is full of good people but it is not a "good old boys" club.
Best way to spend an afternoon is with Twins!
riverdad
Riverdad

Postby HOLA ALOHA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Great Job!! :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:
19' Thunder Jet "ALOHA" Fun on the water, Be "SAFE"
HOLA ALOHA
Master Baiter

Return to Wyoming