Sponsor Directory

Rivers around Cody

Rivers around Cody

Postby Stockberger » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 am

I am going back to Cody over the 4 of July for my 10 years class reunion and an old buddy of mine would like me to bring my jet boat. I was wondering if anyone knows if you're aloud to run on the Shoshoni river? If not is there any decent jet boating around that area?
Thanks guys
Stockberger
Deck Swab

Re: Rivers around Cody

Postby Envijs » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Grew up down there and never saw a jet boat on the river. Not saying I know whether it's right or wrong, what did you come up with? I know when I was a kid we would take the boat up under the bridge at the W end of Buffalo into the river a little when first opened after the spawn. I have looked and looked and could not find anything saying the Shoshoni is closed, but WY F&G website is less than to be desired. I am headed down to fish with my old man mid July when the upper end of Buffalo Bill opens I have every intention to poke up into the river unless I find out otherwise. It's pretty small but moves fast enough it marks from what I can remember
Envijs
Beer Boy

Re: Rivers around Cody

Postby Stockberger » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:44 pm

So I finally got a response back from the Game and Fish and they told me it is perfectly legal and there's nothing saying yes or no too bad they got back to me after my 10 year high school reunion this year. I did scout it out while I was there just because it's been a while and I think you would need a boat of around 15 foot or under but I remember using a white water raft when I grew up there and the fishing being amazing. I would like to get back up there.
Stockberger
Deck Swab

Return to Wyoming