Sponsor Directory

Quiet Waters was NOT Approved

Quiet Waters was NOT Approved

Postby darush » Fri May 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Quiet Waters was NOT approved today. Also the motion to extend public comment on this topic was not approved. Your comments did make a difference. I am sure this is not the end of it though and you may see pieces of the quiet waters proposal come up again in the future. But for now it did not pass as it was.
Last edited by darush on Fri May 26, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darush
Deck Swab

Re: Quiet Waters was NOT Approved

Postby darush » Fri May 26, 2017 1:06 pm

So go have a great holiday weekend everyone!!
Last edited by darush on Fri May 26, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darush
Deck Swab

Re: Quite Waters was NOT Approved

Postby Crawdad Johnny » Fri May 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Hurray!!! I attended the Helena session but had to leave at noon and they had not made a decision on the initiative or the comment extension at that time. This is GREAT news. Now, we need to get ready for the next proposal because we all know it's coming.
17 Ft Wooldridge Alaskan
150/105HP Mercury Optimax, Flow-Tec Quick Steering
Crawdad Johnny
Boat Enthusiast

Postby Bobcat93 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:39 pm

Good job everyone!!! That is good news.
2005 Hewescraft 20' Sportjet
Bobcat93
Deck Swab

Postby Dust Rider » Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Yes ,a win for now. I was one of the six in Bozeman, and the only person there against it. After the first comment everybody left but me. I sat there with Sam Shepard of FWP until it came time to comment again against the extension of the comment period. After that I went on record supporting the commissions decision to not support BHA Quite Waters in its entirety. I think we all learned a good deal from this, and I know that the BHA and other groups are now going to use the ARM procedure to start chipping away at small streams and tributaries when ever they can. I was actually impressed with chairman Vermillion and his neutrality through the proceedings especially when he said he has his own jet boat he runs on the Yellowstone. I also liked how the new commissioner from Missoula, said he is a member of BHA, and he was the first to say this proposal was not good for Montana and he could not support it as it stood.
Keep up the good fight, keep the throttle and the shiny side down!
Wooldridge 20' Alaskan 225hp Optimax
13' Canoe with paddles
12' Zodiac with 18hp Nissan 2 smoke
Dust Rider
Deck Swab

Postby Bobcat93 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Dust Rider wrote:Yes ,a win for now. I was one of the six in Bozeman, and the only person there against it. After the first comment everybody left but me. I sat there with Sam Shepard of FWP until it came time to comment again against the extension of the comment period. After that I went on record supporting the commissions decision to not support BHA Quite Waters in its entirety. I think we all learned a good deal from this, and I know that the BHA and other groups are now going to use the ARM procedure to start chipping away at small streams and tributaries when ever they can. I was actually impressed with chairman Vermillion and his neutrality through the proceedings especially when he said he has his own jet boat he runs on the Yellowstone. I also liked how the new commissioner from Missoula, said he is a member of BHA, and he was the first to say this proposal was not good for Montana and he could not support it as it stood.
Keep up the good fight, keep the throttle and the shiny side down!

I noticed that the others had left the room after they talked, just felt like representatives for their cause. I had to leave and go to work but missed the end of that guy who talked about canoeing to the Hudson Bay.
2005 Hewescraft 20' Sportjet
Bobcat93
Deck Swab

Postby darush » Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Backcountry Hunters And Anglers Say They'll Try Again For Quiet Waters Initiative

http://mtpr.org/post/backcountry-hunter ... initiative
darush
Deck Swab

Return to Montana