Sponsor Directory

Wooldridge Poly Jet Foot

Discuss everything to do with Outboard Jets.

Wooldridge Poly Jet Foot

Postby mitch184 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:38 am

Anyone running one of these yet? I really like the idea, but I'm slow to change.
mitch184
Beer Boy

Re: Wooldridge Poly Jet Foot

Postby handyandy » Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 am

I want one, but I've been waiting to hear of people with them, and what they think.
handyandy
Beer Boy

Postby mitch184 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm

I fully support your decision to get one. Please report back after you do. :Drink:
mitch184
Beer Boy

Postby handyandy » Thu May 17, 2018 2:27 pm

mitch184 wrote:I fully support your decision to get one. Please report back after you do. :Drink:

same goes for you as well haha I'm too cheap for one just yet, maybe if I bust my aluminum one I might pull the trigger. I have a rockproof UHMW one but it's rather bulky and drops my top speed some so I only use it I'm running new water or water I know a hit is imminent.
handyandy
Beer Boy

Postby fishing66 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 am

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....I had been asking Wooldridge about a urethane foot for 3.0L Mercury outboards and they were going to develop one once the current foot had proven itself under real-world conditions. I spoke with Lane at Wooldridge just a couple of weeks ago....he said that they were experiencing wear issues with the urethane, that they would be reformulating the material and that everything is on hold :( Rockproof makes UHMW intakes in a number of different sizes and they are available. The price has shot up from $375.00 + shipping to $500.00+ shipping, however, Brent does not and will never make a foot for 3.0L mercury engines.

Jim Starkey sells UHMW intake fins, however, he provides threaded stainless rod that is much weaker than smooth stainless rod from Outboard Jets. The threaded rod collapses at the slightest impact, rendering the intake fins useless and the threaded rod is also dang near impossible to get out of the foot once it has been severely bent.In the meantime, my solution was to make heavy-duty UHMW intake fins. I bought 1" x 4" x 12" UHMW bar and have been carefully shaping them with a table saw, router table, miter saw and drill press. The last step is to make new rods using .25" stainless. I stink at cutting threads and plan on doing a few test cuts before making the final version. That's about the best intake protection I can think of for the time being given that my engine is a 225 Pro XS. Oh well.
fishing66
Deck Swab

Return to Outboard Jet